Epoxy coating has a wide range of usage due to its ability to create durable and chemical resistance compounds. Among its various purposes are working as strong adhesives to durable paint and coatings for floors and metals.
Epoxy coatings are produced with epoxide resin and a polyamine hardener. The two chemicals are combined in a process called curing that can take several minutes to several houses. Once the process is done, the liquid from epoxy coating becomes a durable, extremely strong solid.
The Purpose of Epoxy Coating
Epoxy coatings are widely used as coatings and paints for flooring as they provide a quick-drying, tough, and protective coating for various metals and other materials. Epoxy coatings are also quick and easy to apply, unlike traditional heat-cured powder coatings. Below are some of the primary usage of epoxy coatings:
- Electrical Goods Coating: An epoxy coating is often used as the powder coating on large electrical applications like washers and driers due to its durability and ease of application.
- Automotive and Marine: An epoxy coating often acts as a primer to ensure the adhesion of paints on automobiles and boats and prevent corrosion.
- Steel Corrosion Resistant: Epoxy coatings can also be used for corrosion protection in steel pipes and fittings used in the oil and gas industry, water transmission pipelines, and concrete reinforcing rebar.
- Metal Can and Container Coating: Metal cans and containers are often treated with an epoxy coating to prevent rusting, primarily when used to package acidic foods such as tomatoes.
- Flooring: Epoxy coatings are widely used as epoxy floor paint in industrial or commercial applications.
Why Epoxy Coating is Used
Due to their high durability, epoxy coatings are widely used for their ability to withstand wear and tear caused by strenuous activities. Epoxy coatings last longer than conventional flooring systems with little maintenance.
Easy to Maintain
Due to epoxy coating glossy properties, cleaning and maintaining the flooring always comes easy. Epoxy coating flooring can also help to prevent mould and bacteria from growing on your flooring system due to its seamless nature of the floor installation.
Epoxy coating is impenetrable to moisture, making the material slip-resistant and reducing the risks of slip and fall incidents, especially in industrial areas.
Epoxy Coating Lifespan
The epoxy coating will not be easily worn or damaged with its solid and durable properties, even with little to no maintenance. Typically, a good epoxy coating can last up to 2-3 years, depending on the traffic. The usage of epoxy coating in industrial or public spaces may severely impact its durability and longevity.
Fortunately, the epoxy coating materials’ lifespan can be longer than expected when used in living space because the number of people using the floor every day is lower. Achieving a longer life cycle for your epoxy floor is accessible. Ensure proper daily cleaning and thorough cleaning using a soft scrubbing tool at least once a week. When treated the right way, your epoxy flooring may even last longer.
Choosing the Right Flooring Material Matters
Choosing the suitable flooring material for your homes or office buildings may take a while. Talk to our experts at Advanced Polytech to get the best flooring system for your space. If you are interested in getting epoxy coating and flooring installed, be sure to get in touch with a team you can count on using the highest-quality materials and techniques during the process.
At Advanced Polytech, our team of professionals understands just how important it can be to get your flooring needs to be done right the first time to avoid any unexpected problems or complications. Please feel free to contact us right away to make an appointment to learn more about our services or to get started on your epoxy surfacing project.